Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Post-WindStorm Update

I realize that I've been too busy to post recently, but man, I'll take normal busy over the past two days anytime.


DSC_8116.JPG


For those of you who don't know, I live in central Ohio, in Columbus. The other day, the remnants of Hurricane Ike blew through. We received 75mph wind gusts, with around 50mph sustained. The net result is that neither my house nor my office has had power since Sunday afternoon.

I'm typing this from Panera, where I've been working this week. Free wifi and crusty bread make for a powerful draw, but the vanilla classical music wears on you. We got word of a local pub with wifi, so we're going there for lunch :-)

I don't know when I'll be getting power, but here's the central Ohio power outlook for the moment:



We've got 48% of the people in Franklin County that don't have power. It's exciting.

Anyway, trying to run things from Panera is a little rough. Last night, it was at capacity and kicking people off. I don't imagine things are better by much today.

If you want to see more storm damage, click the tree above for the Flickr photo set.

[UPDATE] It can always be worse: http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/db2zos/hurricane-ike-update-27201