Friday, February 27, 2009

February Article Up at Simple Talk: Exchange

My second article is now up and available at Simple Talk: Exchange.

The title is A SysAdmin's Guide to Users, wherein I discuss methods of interpersonal communication and policy writing.

Please check it out, and if you'd rate it, I'd be very appreciative!
Also, if you haven't subscribed to the newsletter, you can do that
here. There are a lot of very informative articles which come out each month, and you don't get spam from it. At least I haven't yet.

I actually wrote 75% of this article in the middle of the night while on my cruise. I woke up at four in the morning, and for some reason I wasn't tired. I wandered down to the all-night restaurant, got an iced tea, and started writing. This is the result.

Oddly enough, a lot of the first article was written at Grand Central Terminal, in the dining level. So apparently to write, I've got to be in a strange location, or a restaurant? My waistline hopes for the "strange location" option.

Thanks! And please check out the article and let me know what you think.