Thursday, January 15, 2009

Enterprise Quality Firewall Products?

So, I'm shopping around for an enterprise quality firewall product to replace my Juniper SSG5s which have caused me nothing but grief.

The obvious choice (to me, anyway) would be the Cisco ASA line. The current model is the 5500 Series, which seem pretty full featured. The 5510 with Security Plus seems to fit my needs almost exactly, if you add on the Advanced Inspection and Prevention Security Services Module (AIP SSM). Of course, prices aren't listed.

I'm curious about other options. I see that Juniper has their Netscreen 5200/5400 series, but I'm really pretty tired of dealing with Junipers. My latest issues have probably caused that jaded outlook, and these 5x00's probably have nothing at all in common with my little SSG5s. If you know, please drop me a line.

My question is, are there other vendors that I should be looking at? What am I missing here to make an informed decision?