Saturday, November 22, 2008

Imagine a beowu...wait, I mean RAID array of these...

So I'm sitting here browsing through Reddit and I find a list of interesting USB devices.

And on that list is this:


60 USB ports with flash drives in them.



My eyes light up! My God! 60 drives....I know 32GB flash drives are getting cheaper...32x60...almost 2TB of raw fast storage...

Of course, bringing me down somewhat was the fact that it costs $8,000...not to mention that it's a duplicator, not a hub. Alas, these dreams...


I still think that if you had critical information that only three or four people were allowed to have access to, it would be neat to setup software raid and encrypt the partition across one device for each person. When you're done accessing the information, everyone gets their drive back, and no one person can look at the data.