Thursday, April 30, 2009

Finally, I have a Safari subscription!

After months and months (and months) of asking, FINALLY, my work got me a bookshelf subscription to O'Reilly's Safari Online. If you're unacquainted with this site, click the previous link. It's an online library of IT books from pretty much every major publisher. With my bookshelf subscription, I can "check out" 10 books a month and put them on my "bookshelf", so that they're available to me. With the even cooler "library" subscription, you just go read whatever you want. Your bookshelf doesn't have limits, and it just goes.

Excellent.

A few months ago, I know exactly what I would have checked out first, however I now own the most excellent tome The Practice of Systems and Network Administration. Let me just say that if you don't have it yet, I give it my highest recommendation.

So my question is, what books do you recommend that I get first?