Monday, April 6, 2009

Congrats to the winners!

On Friday, I used random.org to select 12 rubber ducky winners, to whom I've sent emails congratulating them. I've received 9 replies so far, and the first floatilla of ducks will be going out in the mail today.

I want to thank all of you who took the survey and who offered advice. I've implemented a couple of suggestions already, and I plan on continuing to work to improve the blog.

The most suggested improvement was to get away from blogger, by far. I have been considering that for a while, to the point that I bought my own domain, http://standalone-sysadmin.com. I have not decided the best way of proceeding that will allow a balance of keeping my existing subscribers and allowing growth in the future. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

Another widely requested suggestion is more frequent blog entries (although I did get a couple of responses from people who have trouble keeping up now. When I move to my new site, maybe I'll create some sort of digest option by week so that people can easily read offline). I'll be attempting to schedule more blog entries ahead of time. If I write them during my free time, it will all work out. At least, it will if I find some free time ;-)

Thank you all again!