Thursday, July 2, 2009

Update with the hiring and an upcoming blog update

A while back, I talked about hiring another administrator. That process is currently happening and progressing nicely.

If anyone reading the blog applied, thank you. If you didn't receive a call, it is probably because you were far more overqualified than we were looking for. It's a sign of the bad economy that we're having people with 20 years experience applying for junior positions. I hope this turns around for everyone's sake.


Also, even longer ago, I presented a survey which asked an optional open-ended question. What would you do to improve the blog. Well, I hope you're not too attached to how this blog looks right now, because some time over the weekend, it's going to change quite a bit. This new iteration will require you to update the URL for the RSS feed if you're a subscriber.

To facilitate an easier transition, I'm going to be continuing to publish articles here in addition to the new site, so RSS subscribers who haven't caught the news aren't left in the dark. You will automatically be redirected to the new site if you visit this address, though. My plan for it is to be seamless for people visiting, and nearly painless for subscribers. I have no doubt that you'll let me know how it affects you and if something isn't working.

Here's where the fun begins...