Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Project Management Software

My company is in the market for some online collaborative project management software. Since I have never used any of it, I'm appealing to you, the reader. What do you use (if anything) for this? 

I've used Microsoft Project a very small amount, and the open source solution Planner a bit more, but neither are web based or collaborative.

A quick search on Freshmeat returns a lot of likely candidates, but I think we're looking for something commercial, for the supported aspect. On the down side, this will cost the company a certain amount of money every month. On the up side, I think they're finally realizing that my time is finite.

Here are the options we're looking at:


Basecamp


goplan


Liquid Planner


Intervals


DeskAway


WorkZone



Anyone have any experience with one (or more) of these, or any others? I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts.